Sunday, November 25, 2012

November Update --- The Christmas Spirit Is Getting To Me

Just started putting up my Christmas tree - still a work in progress - actually three weeks delayed. In the past, I usually trim the tree right after All Saint's Day. There must be something about the Christmas spirit. I was thinking of not doing the decorating and gifting thing this year -- I'd rather rest and chill and dodge the Christmas crowds and traffic. But here I am picking up Christmas gifts here and there, and just last night, dusted off my old tree from hibernation and started dolling it up ... Guess I'm going with the Christmas fun and frenzy this year, after all ...
Well, the mall beat me to it with its 'Hello Kitty Christmas' theme this year and I must admit it got through my planned  jaded veneer with regards  to  the  stress  of  holiday  festivities  and  just keep  to  the  essence and  reason  of  the  season, the birth  of  the  Lord  Jesus Christ. Well, if  Christmas holiday  glitters  and partying   is  one  way  of  celebrating  and  expressing   the  joy  and  happiness  of  the  remembrance of  that  holy  birth, I'll  jump  right  in  again, though  not as early  as  I  did  in   Christmases  past.... quite late actually,  since  Christmas  in  the Philippines  starts in  September  and  ends   first week  of  January.  
Merry  Christmas  and  Happy  Holidays, one  and  all !

No comments: