Saturday, June 2, 2012

What's Your Mix --- Bayo Campaign

I'm   Filipino  --- basically  of  the  Malay  race ---  and  as  far  as  I  know  and can  hazard  a guess, I've  got  about  15% - 20%  Spanish  and  based  on  my mother's  maiden name, I  could have a dash of  Indian  blood. And  proud of  it.  So, I sort  of  connected  to   the new  campaign  of  a  local  clothing  brand  which  I  patronize. The  concept  is  good  and  kudos  to  the  one  who  thought  of  focusing on  this obvious fact (why ,  almost  all  the  show-business   personalities plastered in the  giant billboards along  EDSA and ubiquitous in the  boob-tube  are mestizas (mixed bloods)  and turned  it  into  a  marketing concept.  Another  instance  of  the  local  mind   going  global . I've  always  thought  that  the  Filipino blood  mixes  well  with  Caucasian ... it  softens up  the angularity  of  the  latter ...  Mixes  well with  others, too.








3 comments:

Jensen said...

Hi, may I know where you grabbed these images? I've been trying to look for sources for the text-only ad and yours is the only blog I found. Can you direct me to anyone else who has this text-only image on their site? Thanks! :)

muirneg said...

Hi Jensen - www.bayo.com.ph.

Anonymous said...

These pics are really amazing. Great photography.

Learn Hebrew,
Schmuck