Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Comfort  Food


On leave from day  job today because of a stressed body and mind. Apropos to post these pictures of my favorite comfort food -- luxurious and healthy dark chocolates. For 2012, one of the fun things I intend to do is to keep a log of the dark and not-so-dark chocos I've consumed , rather, indulged in. Since the start of the year, I've come across these lovelies (never mind the date .. forgot to set the correct date on my camera again} ....


Lindt Swiss Classic Hazelnut is velvety just-the-right-kick-of-sweetness in the mouth, the peculiar hazel-nutty taste of the hazel nut naturally preserved with a tad of a smoky taste. Dark Ghana from Whittaker's has that primal earthy and gritty taste,with a nice bitter-and-no-sweetness flavor . Think 'Out-of-Africa'.


A kick of mint -- really minty mint -- enveloped in velvety melts-in-the-mouth chocolate. Maybe it's the local temperature that gives it the melts-in-the-mouth ooziness. Excellence from Lindt, I agree.










And ta-dah, my favorite in the batch , mostly because of its old-world look and charm, literally with that name ' Chocolat A L'Ancienne'. By Villars. Swiss,too. I particularly like the crest imprinted on the bar - almost made me feel soorry to take a bite. But then again, dark chocolates are for eating and not for looking. And the silky, liquid ooziness in the mouth is quite sensual. Quite a seductive blend of bitterness and sweetness. A beautiful bittersweet experience for my taste buds. Ha-ha. Just reminiscing about these chocolates gone by is making me well already. Can't wait for my next batch of darkies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I haven't checked in here for some time as I thought it was getting boring, but the last several posts are great quality so I guess I'll add you back to my everyday bloglist. You deserve it friend :)
686 Emblem Base Layer Bottom -Kids