Saturday, June 4, 2011

Colour My World

I am a colorist...that's my newest realization. I love colors and I like neutrals because they can serve as a backdrop to showcase colors. Colors also seem to describe the stages in my life or the consciousness I had/have in those stages in my life. For the longest time, the colors I could relate to were the blues and the indigos and the browns ( couldn't wear clothes in yellow, orange or red), for the times when I was asking the question "Where is what we started for so long ago and why is it yet unfound?" (Walt Whitman).

Then, when I did find an answer to the question, sometime in the early 2000's, my colours du jour were shades of yellow-greens (sunshine coming through at last) and the lighter shades of blue like turquoise. I also started appreciating yellows and oranges. It was not until 2006, when I was aware that there were some internal blockages causing some rut and stagnation in my growth, that I purposely wore clothes in magenta which I read somewhere was the color for overcoming internal obstacles and mental stonewalls. I also started gravitating towards red, a color I didn't have any affinity to before. Now , I can wear the rainbow.

Surfing, I came across this video about a color-loving designer (Thanks,Jessi Arrington) and I thought I'd bring this up in my blog to celebrate colours, the rainbow, my realization that I'm a colorist and to celebrate colour-loving people.


Check this out :



Her blog: http://luckysoandso.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the informative blog. The location else may possibly just I get that type of info written in such a best approach? I've a venture that I am merely now operating on, and I've been on the glance out for such data.